The Key To Your Wedding Day Timeline
The key to your wedding day running smoothly will be developing a timeline to not only help you (and everyone else) stay organized and on-track, but allow you to enjoy this special day you’ve worked so hard to plan.
The more detailed you can make the plan, the better… and lets be honest, practically all other wedding planning will rely on this timeline. So lets get it out of the way now!
After photographing hundreds of weddings, we’ve learned the importance of helping our couples develop their wedding day timeline keeping in mind the best lighting for photos & providing our couples with a ton of time with their friends, family and guests. Everyone is there to party with you, not to see you swept away for hours of wedding photography and videography. So… lets do this!
Things To Consider:
- Ceremonies typically last 20-30 minutes (traditional) or up to 1 hour (catholic)
- Receptions typically last 3-4 hours
- Seeing each other before the ceremony for a “First Look” will not save you time after the ceremony. This is simply a beautiful moment for the two of you to share together (and makes for some KILLER photos, I might add!) This decision is completely up to you.
- The best lighting for couple photos is 30 minutes before sunset. We call this “Golden Hour.” If your wedding day doesn’t allow for photos of the two of you to fall during this time, we’ll sneak away during the reception for a few sunset photos in this EPIC lighting!
- The following timeline assumes that the ceremony and reception are being held in the same venue, which means guests wouldn’t need to travel and cocktail hour kicks off right away. (If your reception is at a different site, remember to add in some travel time for you and your guests)
Use the following sample wedding day timeline as a guide to create your own!
**Keeping in mind that sunset would be at 6:30pm**
2:00-3:00 Finishing Touches (Hair, Makeup, Shoes, Tux, Dress, Etc)
3:00-3:30 Bride, Bridesmaids & Brides Family
3:30-4:00 Groom, Groomsmen & Grooms Family
4:00-4:30 Detail Shots of The Venue
5:00-5:15 Family Photos
5:15 – 5:30 Bridal Party Photos
5:30-6:00 Couple Photos (Just You 2, Your Photographer + Videographer)
Tags: central florida wedding photographer, daytona beach photographer, daytona beach wedding photographer, daytona beach weddings, florida weddings, orlando wedding photographers, orlando wedding venues, ormond beach wedding photographer, ormond beach weddings, st. augustine wedding photographer, st.augustine wedding planners, st.augustine weddings, timeline, wedding day timeline, wedding photographer, wedding photography timeline, wedding photography timeline template, wedding planning